For the past couple of days, I’ve had Matt Redman’s song, 10,000 Reasons stuck in my head. I suppose it’s for a good reason, as it’s now become my “theme song” for the year. Since it’s talking about 2 of the things I want to do this year: Starting the day with praising the Lord, and counting 1,000 gifts. In the song, Matt talks about starting the day by praising the Lord (and praising at the end of the day no matter what happens). He also talks about the many, many reasons to thank the Lord for all His blessings.
The song is a good reminder to praise the Lord for His goodness no matter what the circumstance. It’s not easy to do, is it? When I do it, I discover that I’m much more content because I’m focusing on the good things in life.
1,000 Gifts in 2013:
39. A pair of jeans from the clothing swap
40. Expressing love
42. Others worshipping the Lord
43. Taking care of Asher when he’s poorly
44. Hearing my sister-in-law’s wedding plans
45. Fellowship with ladies
46. Challenges in marriage
47. Our sins are washed white as snow!
48. Genesis 18:14
49. Isaiah 40:11
50. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
51. Leon singing in the kitchen
52. The snow gently falling from the sky
53. Our marraige